Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Excel Saga

Excel Saga is... well... weird. It doesn't make much sense, and you really shouldn't expect it to- but that's what makes it so much fun.

The "plot" if you can call it that - is a standard world domination one. But it's really just an excuse to hang the jokes on. Excel Saga kind of reminds me of FLCL., - though the artwork isn't quite as good.

The artwork is so/so, the English version is ok- not terrific, but definitely passable. Even if you watch it in English, though it's best to leave the translations on as there are some jokes that just don't make the dubbed version. I've watched most of the series in English, but I'm going to back and watch the Japanese, too.

Because Excel Saga satires mostly Japanese culture (with a little western stuff thrown in, you'll love their visit to America) some of the content leaves me wondering what the hell is going on. Even in these cases, though, I'm laughing my ass off.

OK, the series ran a *little* too long, but I can live with it.

You know, I really wanted to write about this one, but find I just don't have a lot to say (might be because I am tired). Just go watch it!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home